Questions for Myself... Questions without Answers.
This (new) directory is a part of making your webpages smart
Did you notice the URL address?
I created a subdirectory  in order to have an order.
8 ways to navigate & 5 ways to interact:
1. index pages -- top left
8. popup windows
The idea is to make your pages WORK for you, right?
How do you do it (without putting too much work into building)?
Use the "building block" -- open with the right mouse "View Soruce" -- do you see the inserts?
"WebWisdom" at the top, for example. this is a rotating texts, which come from HTMLgear. It inserts very much like any of your files, but I do not have to update the HTML of the page (only the content of the WebWisdom @ HTMLgear.com). I have the dymanic content.
DIARY of a WEBMAN
Yes, my friend, the page like people can be smart or damn.
You have to teach them how to be smart!
You see, both Links Lists are inserted! but of course, if the server is down, it does not function. Servers is another matter all together, my friends.
The broad categories into which Website feedback fall are:
1. Praise or criticism
REPLY: "Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to write back to me with comments on my Website. I read every message personally and try my best to implement the suggestions of visitors. I invite you to return frequently to the site and see for yourself how your feedback has helped it grow and develop into one that serves your needs and interests. Thank you again for your feedback, I really appreciate it."
2. Requests for further information
* seeking clarification of some part of your articles or other content
* requesting more material about a particular product or service
* asking questions about related topics or products
Make 3 different autoreplies!
3. Navigation difficulties
Must have FAQ, New, Updates, Help pages -- where you address them to visit.
4. Suggestions for improvement
5. Recommendations of other Websites
"Submit your link" on most of your pages can take of it.
6. Advertising queries
Make Media Kit.
7. Registration or Membership information
Step 2: SolutionsWrite it down:
* how do you gather feedback? (email links, web forms -- the best)
* how do you want to respond to visitor feedback - by eMail, on a Website, or by other methods?
* how quickly do you want to answer questions? (in keeping with the needs of your Website's audience, achievable consistently without too much effort on your part)
* how much time and effort can you afford to put into this process, or how many people can you hire to do it for you?
* configure your eMail client to filter feedback
All recommendations are for "one (wo)man show" only!